Wednesday, March 31, 2004


The color of the world is changing…..


What a cozy home I have! Last night I worked out, specifically my legs, and zipped off to my lovely home. It was so inviting. I showered off and climbed into my penguins. They were soft and fuzzy. I made myself a Boar’s Head smoked turkey and baby Swiss sandwich and settled into a movie. I had a phone appointment with my spiritual advisor at seven so she and I spoke for somewhere around an hour. I always love the feeling I get after working with her. It makes me feel like I am sprouting spiritual roots. Then I watched yet another weird movie, but it was not by the “Focus” company. It was called Shattered Glass. It was the story of Steven Glass. Apparently the New Republic was a high profile journalistic magazine that he wrote for and lied about every article he ever wrote. Can you imagine? Every story he fabricated the sources, the facts, everything! It was a pretty descent movie. It was half about him and half about the editor that fired him. There was a 60 minutes interview in the special features and the comment made by the real editor’s comment was “If Steven Glass and I walked outside together on a sunny day and he said, ‘It’s a sunny day out today.’ I would walk back inside and ask two people to verify it.” Can you imagine? After the movie and the special feature, I cozied into my warm bed to read my Bible and read Cold Mountain. It is interesting because the author is unbelievably well written for the era. I don’t know if he lived during that time or what, but it is really detailed in its descriptions and its phrasing. The other interesting thing is that it mentions the music. One of the plot lines carries with Aida walking around with the hymn of the Wayfaring Stranger in her head. It is such a great book. It is hard to pick up because I don’t want to put it down once I pick it up. So I didn’t knock out until almost eleven. I am not all that tired, but I am sure it will hit me early tonight. I will get whiny. I am still grateful for the paint again today. Can you tell?

No comments: