Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I like traffic lights,
I like traffic lights,
But only when they are green…..



I am sitting in traffic yesterday, seeing as they have finished with the paving of THE Bridge in Habersham, but the men in orange suits weren’t done yet so they were playing the follow the pilot car game, and I noticed that music in my car sounds so much better than when it is in the office. I think that is why I don’t mind driving: I am surrounded by music. If I am traveling to Mom & Dad’s, I crank the radio and sing all the way down. The truck drivers think I am crazy, but there again another person discovers my truth. Music sounds so much better when it is in four speakers blaring right at me as opposed to just two sitting on either side of the computer in my tiny cubicle that is turning into quite my own world. There is something to be said for the ability to sing better when there is surround sound happening. There is less ability to hear the self, which in turn is less ability to be in error, tonally or lyrically. There is also less road rage on my part because I am not paying any attention as to how badly other people are driving because I am too busy enjoying my singing. It also totally occupies my time when I am on a long drive and there is no one to talk to because otherwise I will talk on the cell phone, which is a really bad idea on 85S at 5 pm on Friday. I guess there is a plus to traffic now. Albeit that that Habersham County and White County only have traffic once a year (I mean construction traffic, there is always a constant of a lost tourist who doesn’t go over 40 even though they are in a 55, ah such is the strenuous life of the no stop lights, no interstates, no pollution crazed, fog hazed life!).

No comments: