Monday, March 01, 2004

It's a day in the life
In my mind I've seen it all
Sometime soon for all to see


So it snowed….it finally snowed. Thank goodness. Just like kids do, I got a snow day. Everyone else in the office has kids and since the schools closed, so did we. Then Friday was a seriously slammed catch up day here at work as a result. Hurray for the new baby in the family. It is a good things I read blogs though or I’d never found out. Hurray for Carter’s promotion. Hurray for the snow. I needed that day. It was a beautiful day. I rode around doing real estate stuff with John so that I could see the snow.

The weekend was good too. John and I had a romantic late dinner at Alice’s Restaurant on Friday night. That is the coolest, most comfortable, good eatin’, eclectic place to eat ever. I love eating there. Alice is so kind and welcoming and her food is so gooooood. (Actually, a guy named Jason made my steak, but that is beside the point) Then on Saturday I went to two b’day parties: one in the morning and one at night. Both were very entertaining and opportunistic. In the middle of the parties I went and joined the gym for a year for 100 bucks that was given to me to go get the membership. $8.75 a month for a gym membership: can’t beat that with a stick. I went home to paint. We had a bet on who would guess the correct amount of snow and “The Donna’s” (two women in our office named Donna) tied. So I made them both a painting. My super boss also asked me to make a painting for her for her bathroom. She said that she wanted something really girly. So I began on that one too. I am nervous as to whether or not she will like it. I have never really painted for anyone other than doing Valentines. Mostly, my art is for me. It freaks people out when they come to my house because my art is what decorates my house. I don’t bother to buy such things when I can just make them. It’s more meaningful anyhow. So I painted and watched movies. MOVIES: CAMP; Wonderland; Pirates of the Caribbean. CAMP is a Sundance production that is terrific. It is about a bunch of kids who go to drama camp and yadayada. They do all these big musical numbers through out it and it is really good. Turns out that the kids did all their own singing and dancing and everything; they were really good. It was like watching Avondale on film. Wonderland was……………there is a reason I have never heard of it. “Pirates” is awesome. On Sunday, I went to another b’day party and I went to the gym and went to my girlfriend’s house.

Today, I am feeling the gym, but I am going back again anyway. I forgot how much I loved working out. I am so glad I get to do it again. Hurray for the gym.

No comments: