Friday, March 12, 2004



Leave the light the on
I'll never give up on you....


So I gave away some paintings today. That was really...different. I am not sure what to think. I mean, I did the paintings for me even though I gave them to somebody else, strangely enough. I chose the colors based on some given parameters as well as the basis for the picture. I should start this over. I gave out little Valentines for Valentine's Day that were fancy little painted tidbits. My super boss asked me if I would paint her a picture since I was a painter. Now, I told her that I am not a real painter and that what I paint is not anything but me and that it was just something that I do. Not many people know that I paint in the first place. I found that painting my own decor is cheaper than actually buying things to hang on the wall. Not to mention, it gives some meaning to the wall decor. I am all about sentiment. It gets me in trouble because I get so attached to things that are just so material. Anyway...she asked me a month ago. I didn't finish until this week. I am still not comfortable with it and feel like it is a bit unfinished but, she asked for something girly for her bathroom, which the colors of were white and beige, so I had plenty to play with in the painting. Then, when I got stuck watching paint dry, I began another. It turned out to be distinctly wierd. I really like it though. I like the second one better than I do the big one. The second one was also a lot smaller, about one quarter the size of the potty pic. It just had more pizazz. I gave it to my girlfriend who is my super boss's admin. She was tickled. So was I. The potty pic though seems left hanging, so to speak. My g'friend seems to love it. My hesistancy would be put to rest, I think, if my superboss would reassure me that it is what she wanted. Ack...who would ever guess that I would be a painter? Who would guess that anyone would want the paintings I paint? Like I said the paintings are mostly just an extension of self not really about anything other than me. I am so nerve racked. I am glad that I am going home this weekend. Peace and quiet.

No comments: