Friday, March 19, 2004


There is no rose of sych vertu as is the rose that bare Jesu, Alleluia.


I watched Mona Lisa Smile last night. The song that opened up the academic year for the women of Wellesley was one of Dad’s girls’ songs. It blew me away. I am glad that I rented the movie. I am also glad that I didn’t go see it in the theatre. The school itself looked like ASC, except colder. I also figured out why they had to build closets in Inman, my senior dorm. I didn’t understand why there were no closets when they built the building until I saw the movie. They all had armoires. Who would have guessed? Not me. I really liked the dvd, but mostly I liked it for the fact that there were interviews with all of the actresses, even Julia Roberts. It was interesting to hear them speak. It was very apparent that Julia Stiles was the most intelligent of them all. Julia Roberts ran a close second. Then Maggie Gyllenhall (sp). The reason I enjoyed Stiles the most is her ability to express herself well and with an education without using the words “like” or “um”. Roberts used um. Kirsten Dunst couldn’t get through a sentence (and mostly had incomplete sentences) without using those words. Roberts did so a couple of times. I don’t know that I have ever seen an interview with Roberts before, however, I was impressed with her character of self. She was what I would hope her to be but not expected to be.


Woa…Medicaid just ran out of money….bad news: 40% of our business just came to a screeching halt. That really takes the punch out of my movie critique. I am about to have to start calling patients to say: we’re sorry, we can’t bring you the medicine that you need to live. Not good.


No comments: