Thursday, March 18, 2004


Leave we all this wearldly mirth,
And follow we this joyful birth,
Transeamus (Transform)



I was reading Moses last night (yes I am still with Moses). While I am reading I realize that God created commandments that only he could judge us as to whether we were actually following them or not. It is also a point in the West Wing. How would we know if someone was coveting another’s wife or property or honoring our fathers and mothers? We, as humans, couldn’t. I guess that is why they are God’s commandments, is because He is the one who gets to see if we actually follow them or not. I think I am in a state of transformation. The more and more that I am reading in the Bible, the more and more I become strong in my faith. There are so many different things than what my mind thought was in there. I guess other people get the correct notions of the stories in Sunday School, but I think I missed something. Or maybe it is just that I was a super teen and just knew that when I was older I’d get it. I think I missed something. Things like, I thought that God was a bad person so to speak, but mostly He is more just like me. The first commandment is based on only worshiping Him and no other. He says no water gods, no heaven gods, no earth gods, only worship Him, because he is a jealous God. I always wondered where I got my jealousy from. I get jealous of everything. If my Mom pays too much attention to Carter or Dad, I get jealous. If Dad pays too much attention to his girls, I get jealous. If my girlfriends pay too much attention to each other and not to me, I get jealous. If Fluffy would go to Carter instead of me…..How stupid is that? I don’t know anyone who fights that “demon” like I do that I am related to in my family, but I have sure got the jealous going on and have been consistently, diligently fighting this trait. It is not nearly as bad as when I was a little wee thing, but I know that rears its ugly head on occasion. I am glad that I got the trait from God. If your going to get something, that is a good place to get it. Really, all I do when it gets pressuring is that I pray to God to remove it. If it gets super bad, I talk to someone about it, which helps to ease the nerves. I think that God had a hard time with the jealousy thing too. I guess I will find out the more I read.


No comments: