Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Heaven bent to take my hand and lead me through the fire…


So there is an air conditioner war. Little did I know that the war was on…. until I made the mistake of becoming a part of the battle! I don’t know what the weather is like in the rest of the country; however, I do know that it was at least 75 degrees in my office today. Now, I am a huge fan of summer. I am all about sitting in the sun on a life guard stand for eight hours a day. However, I am not a fan of B.O. I understand that I am not like most people in that I don’t really perspire or get hot. Most people do and do…….it smelled rank in this office. The front office had kicked their air into gear so when I realized that it must be okay (mistake one: entered a battle zone), I flipped the switch so as to eliminate odor and get a breath of fresh air. (Mistake two: made assumption; Mistake three: flipped the switch) A monster from management that I didn’t even know existed in the company came out of the closet!! Wow, what a reaction. You’d have thought the life of management as we knew it was coming to an end! Children were dying, buildings on fire and least of all a dog is hit on the side of the road. So I fought righteously by admitting my faults and then I did the old duck and run aka apologize and leave the room. Then the monster raised her head and howled one last time……the battles are beginning. I can see this as being a petty office control issue that will get splattered all over staff meetings and memos across these fine months until October. Who knew? In my last office everyone was fat and the AC was left on 55, which was agreed upon everyone but me, so I wore a sweatshirt all summer last year. Don’t foresee that being an issue this year. Well, it’s nice to know that I will get good use out of my nice summer wardrobe this year. I am so looking forward to it. If for no other reason, to avoid the monster behind the closed office door, I will be a happy summer baby. I always wondered what was in there behind that door. Glad it stays closed most of the time.

No comments: