Thursday, March 25, 2004

To a place where the wind calls your name
Under the trees the river laughing at you and me
Hallelujah, heavens white rose
The doors you open
I just can't close


I am in the eye of the storm or so it seems. I have really been working towards having a peaceful easy feeling on my insides. I have done some key things to settle my life in order to make it that way. Things like: paying my bills, having a steady monogamous relationship, talking to God on a daily basis, investing in the law of contradictory behavior (I want to do one thing, so I do the opposite), saying I am sorry when I am wrong and changing my behavior, being honest within my relationships, spending time with my friends but not so much that it hinders me being me (i.e. staying out to late, eating, smoking, drinking, etc.) and in a nut shell, taking care of myself. This is not something that is easily done considering that I suffer from isms such as low self-esteem, bad self image, disillusionment, negative thinking and many other things. My world has become simple but valuable and is slowly but surely blossoming. There is definitely going to be maintenance that needs to be done in the next month or so, however, that is not hard nor is it impending on my current state of serenity.

The reason I say I am in the eye is because the folks around me appear to be mentally consternated: by this I mean, facing tough choices or feeling change occurring as a result of a choice. They are the storm, a whirlwind. I wish I could stop their storms, but that would require me getting out in the middle of things. I like my nice comfortable serene seat. I am not willing to give it up to be a part of crisis or metamorphosis. I am so glad that things in my life are settled. Although, inevitably my time will come and I too will face a choice or make a choice that sends me through the eye back into the storm.

Enough with my metaphors.

Yesterday my girlfriend Angie came home from California. Thank goodness, I was about to go into sweet tea withdrawals. She is one of the best sweet tea makers ever. She has puppies right now to attend to and I am looking forward to going to visit this afternoon. Yesterday was such a blazay day and today is packed. Nothing interesting happened at all; although, Clark was pretty interesting, but other than that. I am also going to a play of some sort tonight. My other girlfriend who owns the flower shop has invited me to see a slew of one acts at Piedmont College. We have a mutual acquaintance who is performing in them so we are off to watch. It will be interesting to see how I end up with going to the gym, going to see the puppies, going to visit with Angie and getting to the play on time. At least they are all in the same county. It drives me nuts when my day is full of White county to Habersham county and back again. I guess if it were just on the line it wouldn’t be so bad, but nothing is on the line, everything takes twenty minutes and zip is not an option. Luckily, this will pan out. We shall see.

I was really grateful yesterday too for an easy workout. Not that the workout was working out, just that it finally felt good instead of exasperated. I think that my body is recovering from my 3 day loop that I didn’t work out. In my magazine that I purchased it gave me a slew of new exercise to do. It said to chart them and do them for four weeks at three times a week with a healthy diet (which there was a whole page of yummy food that I can eat that is on the healthy diet page!) and cardio. We shall see if this works. I am willing. I still haven’t even cracked open the Dr. Phil book, but I might this weekend. I have been reading about how to decorate the tabernacle that shall be carried with the ark and Cold Mountain for the past couple of weeks and am finding it hard to insert Dr. Phil in my fantasy world reading. His book seems………..realistic. While I like being a realist, I really like being an idealist better. Ho Hum, my problems are so high class today.


No comments: