Friday, August 08, 2003

You don't have to go to every fight that you are invited to....

This is one of the many slogans of one of the groups I hang out with in the evenings. It is strange, because it didn't occur to me that I have a choice when it comes to bickering, arguements, fighting, or whatever you want to call it. I just always thought that if someone said something that was misaligned that it should be corrected and completed. It turns out that if I want to, I can just go on about my merry way. I don't have to worry if someone is tizzy. I can let them be in a tizzy and go in my room and play with my Barbie's because it really is none of my business as to why they are even in a tizzy in the first place. Imagine that. I don't have to step in a control or fix or say what is right or wrong. I don't have to try and shift the other person's perception. If I am attacked mind you, I can still walk away. I do have the option to remove myself today. I never have to fight again. Even with myself. There is a promise that says "cease fighting anyone and anything." I want that. I am tired of battling myself, my parents, my boyfriend, my co-workers, stupid people, etc. I think it is time to just walk away and do my own thing. I hope I can remember this when I feel threatened or provoked. When I get all worked up I forget things. I guess that is what prayer is used for today. No more fights. Wierd.

No comments: