Tuesday, August 26, 2003

To love another person is to see the face of God.....

Sometimes, I think that the reason not everyone works at home from remote computers is because of that human contact that we all need. Working with people is much better than being in isolation. There is nothing that will send my insides spinning like the honesty of another human being. Last night a friend of mine spoke to me. He was lined with truth and passion like I had not experienced in a long time. It ripped my heart out and refilled it with inspiration and love. There is no way to explain what it is like to listen to a miracle. It is awesome. Granted this was not of the same genre miracle as those from the Catholic church (ie statue of Mary crying blood tears or seeing Jesus in a spaghetti plate bullentin board). It is a miracle of a different variety. See, I was taught that a miracle is a shift in perception. And although Mary may have bled real tears of blood, there is no way to know unless I shift my percetion and just believe. The young man who spoke to me last night was not only a shift in his percetion, but a shift in his own reality. He had that same influence on myself. He made me thankful for that decision I made three years and some odd days ago to grow up. He made me grateful to have a God of my own understanding (or lack there of). He rejuvinated my awareness of God alltogether. There are just some things that cannot be replaced. A walking, talking miracle is one of them. Human emotion is another. Human contact is a third. These things I experienced last night. These things are the parts of my life I wouldn't give up for any reason. These things....these experiences.....these people are what fill my life and make me want to live my life.

No comments: