Friday, August 29, 2003

Turn the button with your right hand......

This is what I got to do today....turned the button with my right hand until dinner. Then I went back to my normal duties. How crazy is that. Alas, I must admit: I work in a button factory. The specific dept is QA which means generally I generate all the paper work for QA however, I got yanked today and put on assignment. At least I didn't get dirty. Everyone else in this dept is 50 or over and they send me on assignment whenever there is something that requires dirt. I am grateful today there was not any dirt. I destroyed a pair of jeans yesterday climbing around in the shipping dept looking for specific buttons, and I really didn't want to ruin another pair, seeing as I despise doing laundry. Although, the day is not over and it is Friday. At least it is not the thirteenth. We, as a dept, have been working on a "hot project" for Bill, which constitutes a third level of intensity. (James is second level and Jack is first--his alarm comes with shouts and lights!) So we have been working hard and long intense hours to make the buttons turn. Now, if anyone in the plant heard me talking like this, they'd scratch their pretty little head and think: is she talking about the super line turn button ta-da style button with the twisty notch that goes to the right or is she talking about the purple swivel line button wacko style with the slip notch? But for the rest of the world: I have been wicked busy since this time yesterday.

Bring on the weekend!!

No comments: