Sunday, August 03, 2003

Weekend Update

Okay so rather wait until tomorrow and feel rushed about writing about my weekend, I am willing to take five seconds to do it now. That is assuming that this keyboard on this lap top doesn't drive me nuts. Well, Friday I went to Mom's. Traffic was bad, but the time it took to get here was not so bad. Then, we had my favorite meal---spaghetti and salad with sweet tea. Then we all went out and about picked up perscriptions and went to the movie store. We tried to be a family and see something worth while. And while the movie was definitely a family flick, it stopped playing at the climax. This was pretty aggrivating. So we went to bed. Dad went to get a new one Saturday afternoon during the Braves game, strangely enough. Mom and I washed the cars. We watched the end of the movie from scene 22 to the end. Carter arrived and from there on it was birthday activities. We had steak and watched baseball. We gave gifts and talked politics. Which I have made a decision that as a rule, I will never talk about politics with my family ever again. They are more crazy than I am and this is not worth my time. Would I rather be right or happy is the phrase that comes to mind. In all reality, that may mean my family and I may never speak again, but at least I will be happy. We also went for a good long walk, which almost killed my Dad because he has shin splints really bad, but it was refreshing to get some excercise just before sunset. It wasn't real hot or anything. Today, we went to church and strangely the preacher talked on King Baby. At least that is what I got out of it. "I want, what I want, when I want it." It is very babyish. He said that it was about being careful what we ask for, it may not be what we really want. I say it is about change. My friends and I agree, it is not about what you want, it is about what you are willing to change. There was a really cool group that had gone to Hondurous on a mission trip that talked too. That would be cool to go to another country and be of service to God. Then we came home to watch the longest movie ever and watch Braves. I love the Lord of the Rings, but it sure is long. Now, in the next couple of minutes I will be off to Sautee. Ah, Sautee. I love it. It is so nice there. Home.

No comments: