Monday, August 25, 2003

Our love was
Comfortable and
So broken in



So I have been on a John Mayer kick all weekend. I really enjoy his music. It makes me want to fall in love. Wait........I am in love.

Saturday I got a little confused. I am reading Sermon On the Mount. Out of the blue it talks about using prayer to live the teachings of Jesus Christ. Something about the way that things were phrased made me feel wierd. John said something along the lines of Christian Science which made me really wierd. So when I got to work, I called my Dad. I mean, who better would know about things than a theologian? Right? What does he do? The same thing he has been doing all my life, look it up......well, he is still right. Thank goodness he gave me a direction to go in though. He used some words I didn't know the meaning to and I had to look them up too. So I go on line and look up Sermon on the Mount and Emmet Fox. I look up Divine Church and etc. Now I am on this research kick. I remembered he said something in regards to his beliefs and why he chose Baptist as his preference. Now, I have been to both Baptist (primarily) and Prebyterian and I realize that I really don't know anything about either one! So on my research kick, I looked up my own stuff too. I've decided that the Southern Baptist Convention is not really my cup of tea. Some of the things that they have said in their statements of purpose, I don't really agree with in the least. Somethings....well....are just out right against my natural grain and fiber as a human being. Then there are a few things that I like and still some that are not well developed. Then there is the Presbyterians and I couldn't find too much fault with them. They seemed to have some good basic things. I am still looking though. Then there is the Divine Church and the "New Thought" groups. Different. Not like anything I have ever heard before as far as religion is concerned. It is not Christian Science. In all reality it is not denominated of a religion at all. It is Christian, but it is not really religion. It is like how to practically apply your religion. It kind of says, if these are your beliefs: here is how to use them. Different. I enjoyed it. I am now willing to finish the book anyway. I am also talking with a woman who loves this book and who knows this book. Hopefully she can answer some of my questions. Dad said that he would read it after me to help me along too. Thank goodness. I also reached out to an outside theologian to help me who has no bias in any religion or any knowledge of the book. I figure opinions tend to be subjective and if I get one from every angle then hopefully a complete picture will form for me. Self decisions are difficult and I am all about being well informed before making decisions. This book holds a lot of growth for me, I am sure of that. If nothing else it has definitely kept my mine preoccupied for the weekend.

I went to see SeaBiscuit with friends on Sunday. What a good movie. Toby McGuire was a producer! Go Toby! I wish I could critique it, but....oh well. It was wonderfully shot, the cast was well lined and chosen perfectly. The camera shots were very well done and very realistic. I am not sure how they got Toby to look as naturally red headed as they did, but they did a great job. I was a little afraid originally when I saw the red, but it played very well. Interestingly enough he stayed pale through out the movie which tells me he had lots of sun block on during the shooting, which the pale is comperable for a red head too. The story was awesome. The characters well developed. The music was good. The suspense was well mastered. And they all overcame living life on life's terms. There were some unanswered questions. Certain things like....did he ever see his parents again? Why did he borrow money? Things like that, but that is why there is DVD and deleted scenes. What I believe that it boils down to is those questions were part of the book and not part of the movie, but if they had thrown in another thirty minutes or hour (which no one would have lived through no matter how good the movie was) they could have cleared things up. As it turns out, I just called my brother and asked him. He is the one reading the book anyway. I give this an 93 on the 7 point grade scale, which makes it an A-. It is quite a possiblity that this movie also qualified for the Green Family Favorite list too. I haven't gotten any reports yet. Seeing as both my Mom and my brother are reading the book, it is quite possible though.

Then today I am back to work. It seems like I was just here. Oh right I was. I worked on Saturday for a few hours to make up for the time I was in Savannah during the week. It was wierd being here with no one here. It has also thrown my mental state a little. Hopefully things will go back to a normal stride. Although, next Monday is Labor Day so that throws things a bit too. Who knows. I am just grateful to have a job and be of some use. I don't guess I have said how good my life is here lately, but it is really good: I like my job; I like my boyfiend; I like my self; I like my apartment; I like my friends; I like my family--both blood lined and mountain lined; I like my life. There are not too many people who can say that. I can and I thank God for it every morning and every night.

No comments: