Tuesday, July 08, 2003

We admitted we were powerless and that our lives had become unmanagable.

So my friends and I are all sitting around talking about this particular subject. Specifically, that whenever we try to control things, we have to come back to this basic. Honesty with ourselves is the key to awareness and spiritual growth. I can remember when I had no idea I was being dishonest. I had become such a liar that I couldn't see between what was a lie and what wasn't. I still don't tell certain stories anymore due to lack of credibility as to where my head got the story from. I don't know if the story is true. There are not very many people in this world that live by the principal of honesty. Actually, almost no one except those whose lives are on some type of spiritual path. My life used to be so crazy as a direct result of my lack of a spiritual path and my lack of honesty. I lived in chaos and was comfortable there. I was so powerless over my life. Paradoxically, when I surrendered to the fact that I was not the end all be all and that I was not God, specifically, my life got easier, better and more dealable. It was like I could say things that were real again and not false. The other thing that came with dishonesty and chaos was fear. I know today that fear is false evidence appearing real, however prior to acknowledging my powerlessness, I did not know. When I got honest, things around me became clearer and now I understand that fear perpetuates my dishonesty and thirst for insanity. All I have to do is admit my powerlessness, just say it out loud, say it to myself and I feel better. Surrender to a power greater than me, aka asking for help, makes me feel better. Honesty makes me feel better. Fear goes away with honesty and I feel better. That's the point right? To be happy? I think so. I have a desire to be happy today, and all I do is surrender.

No comments: