Friday, July 25, 2003

I will not forsake the colors you bring

One time I heard a speaker tape that told me to have courage and do one thing different everyday. Change one thing each day. The example he gave was with your route to work. He is a comedian and he made it so funny what happens in your head when you chnage your path to work. WELL....I am not ever going to do THAT again. I went to spend the night with a friend and I got up about fifteen minutes after I wanted to, thinking I had a faster route to work than from my house...........wrong. I missed my way to work this morning. I went on this long boring, two lane, no passing lane highway straight into Clarkesville to work. I was miserable. I love coming out of my rocky driveway and having the mist move like a boat in water for my car as it lazily goes to the main road. Then when I make that left hand turn onto the pavement, the sun breaks and my sunglasses go down, along with my visor in my car. The mist breaks and the dew sets. I take a right onto a beautifully curvy road that rides right past this lake and waterfall with geese and ducks, which are usually just coming out of their tucked sleep. Some still have thier heads in their feathers, especially the goslings. Then right at the stop sign, pass the cows in their sleek fat selves with their calfs bounding about, and BAM, open beautiful mountain scenery on the left that proves the majesty of God. Now, if it is misty outside because of a rain or just past rain, then I put on Harry Potter and drive too fast because it sends me into London in that same route. However, either way it is on through the rest of the cool little city I live in and away to work. It is like a ride at Six Flags or something. The only thing on the way to work that I noticed this morning was a chicken farm, ugh the smell of money is gross. What was worse was the people on the road were SO SLOW. I am talking going 35 in a 55. Ridiculous. Not but one passing zone, which didn't do any good because the guy in front was four cars in front. Finally, he broke down as we all approached Clarkesville. Imagine that. Then it was zip into the city. Ah....I don't know I miss things until they are gone.

No comments: