Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Let's go to the Movies. . .

So I have seen two very disappointing movies here lately. I was waiting on John to come and get me for our date last night and began to watch my second movie I rented. The first was The HOURS. Ugh. That was hard to watch. I had heard that it was a woman's movie so I was kind of excited with no expectations as to what the movie would be about. Not impressed. This movie will never make it as a Green Family Hit. It was very well acted. It was very well filmed. It was an aweful story. Virgina Wolf. . .is depressing. Ms.Dalloway. . . makes Va look like a fairy tale. Anyway, I am sure that the Indigo Girls liked the movie seeing as they had a song written in dedication to Mrs. Wolf, however, she is not my cup of tea. Female discovery or female relationships, love, romance, both comedic or chick flick....these make a movie a woman's movie, not putting a nose on Nicole Kidman so that she looks like the Wicked Witch of the West. Sorry, I feel very stongly about it. THEN, things got worse. I am waiting on John last night and decide to cozy into an Adam Sandler make you smile flick, Punch Drunk Love. Ick. My day was so happy yesterday, as happy as birthdays are supposed to be, except for this movie. It was a cross between Thirteen Conversations and any other Adam Sandler movie. There was no punch to it and I am unwilling to be drunk to see if it has a better effect. Ah, well at least I rented these two aborhorious (is that a word?) movies on a rent one get one free coupon. That makes me feel better. I didn't get to see the end of Punch Drunk, which I don't guess I ever will, because they are due today and I am not willing to re-rent. That is the convienent thing about renting. I don't feel bad if I don't see the whole movie. In the theatre, I would feel obligated to see the whole thing due to the cost of the ticket. The weird thing about my movie store though is that they are no longer offering the same selection for VHS as they are for DVD. DVD's have it by a mile. So some movies I have to go home to the folks house to see. I love movies so much. It is like . . . being in another world for two hours. I did like the little boy who played Richard as a little boy in THE HOURS. I think he should be Ender. Great eyes. Lots of expression. Definitely Ender.

No comments: