Monday, May 03, 2004

Can I go forward when my heart is here?
Turn back, dull earth, and find thy centre out.


Oh, what a weekend. I was so grateful for the time I got to spend at home. While I should have been cleaning and such, instead I watched movies and painted. I found acrylic paints. Whoa, what a difference. I also found cheap canvas. My paintings look like real paintings. I can’t believe it. It is really expensive though. I went from forty-four cents for a bottle of paint to $1.60 a bottle. Not to mention I have to buy the canvas, where before I was using scrap cardboard. BIG DIFFERENCE. The real question is will I ever go back? Probably not. I will probably spend twenty bucks every couple of weeks to get new stuff. I might for a couple of mixed media pieces, but other than that, forget it. Although I am not a real painter, it makes me feel like a real painter.

My new DVD player is good. It does this weird thing though when there is a hiccup in the DVD, which every DVD player has, that makes it scan forward to the next tidbit so as to smooth the ridge. So out of my two new dvd’s that I got, one had a hiccup that was fixed. Sort of. It pauses a bit to unglitch the glitch. I bought SAY ANYTHING, and ROMEO + JULIET. The first actually had a feature on it which is unusual for the age of the film. But it was a making of Say Anything and was great. It had both John Cusack and Ione Skye in interviews and Cameron Crowe. WOW, they were young. John is still gigantic though. I don’t think anyone knew when he was first cast as the sidekick geek on Sixteen Candles that he was going to a) be this good looking when he grew up or b) be so big. I mean he is easily six & change in height and has beautiful monster broad shoulders. Cameron Crowe was like twenty as a director. That just amazes me. These are folks who are somewhere within ten years of my age and are so unreal in their changes. Romeo & Juliet was totally as cool as I remember. It is such a premise to Moulin Rouge. Romeo and Juliet are actually in Moulin Rouge, but you have to be quick and look closely. It is one of those movies where the details are with in the little clips that are cut up and spit at the audience quickly. A lot of people don’t care for that style movie, I find it totally interesting. The music in that movie is too telling too. I have the soundtrack and it is wonderful.

I also started my inventory this weekend. Inventories of the life are so difficult. I mean, I get so nostalgic which in turn creates so many emotions. I was reading my brother’s Sunday blog and all I could think was that we were doing the same thing on the same day, just in different places. He actually drove through Avondale & I only got to imagine it. Hopefully, I will finish that today, because it can be a really treacherous path if I drag it out. Whenever I have to do an inventory my emotions go on overload and my actions go sideways. If I really drag it out I end up owing more amends than when I started. That is not good. Since I’d rather not do that, I am going to finish it tonight. Hopefully in time to paint more. That was my reward yesterday for getting to a certain point. Painting is good. It makes the world good. It makes me good. Kind of like the inventory. Centers me.

No comments: