Thursday, May 27, 2004

Daisies are the friendliest flower, don’t you think so?
Yes, you told me that the first time I met you.
The first time you lied to me.

Why did you come by again?
I wanted to be your. . .friend.

So this morning has been a daisy morning. I passed my girlfriend Cari on my way to work. She is beginning to work 8-5 shifts at her work which is off the wall for the work she does. And I saw Peter (Petah!) at the gas station where I went to get coffee. I like having smiling faces and hugs from loved ones. It’s nice. It’s like having a family that I don’t have to live with, but that I do get to live with. Not that that makes any sense to anybody else, but that’s okay. It does to me. Sometimes, being single and living on my own, I miss that wake up that comes with living with someone. I have lived with all kinds of people too and this is the first time in my life I have really lived by myself. I have lived with somewhere between one to twelve roommates at a time (not to mention living with 500 when I was at Scott!). I have been by myself for almost three years now. Don’t get me wrong, I like it. However there is something in this daisy morning that feels familiar. Today is flower shop day today too. Maybe I will get a patch of daisies while I am there.

No comments: