Wednesday, April 07, 2004


Sunrise, sunrise
Looks like morning in your eyes
But the clock's held 9:15 for hours


This morning just didn’t want to be. It was as though I woke up and the morning never changed until all the sudden lunch arrived. I think it has to do with a state of mind that does that. My insides say that it is morn and it just is. If my insides don’t say “okay, it’s warming up outside and the sun is shining bright, must be 10:30 or 11,” then it just doesn’t happen.

I like early morning time at my house. My house, even at eighty degrees, is cool. It is due to it being a basement. I use my blankets, throws, whatever you call them, year round. When I have a day to sleep in until a whole whopping eight-thirty, the air has a smell to it that says clean mountain air. It slows the day down and makes it last a little longer. The coffee can brew at its own pace, the meditation sits inside me and rattles around until it spits out into my journal, the sun treads lightly as it peers into my windows. Sometimes I put on girl music to inspire me to start my day. I put off taking a shower just to soak in the morning. My hair feels crazy beautiful. My eyes are sleepy, but open. Then, the shower I take takes forever. The water trickles warmth into my body. Today, felt like I had one of those days. I felt like I took time with my morning. Unfortunately, day break hit with a force and shattered my pleasantries. Tada~had a great morning, here’s lunch! Made my head spin a bit. I sure do like those slow mountain mornings though.

No comments: