Friday, April 02, 2004


Rest high above the cloud no restrictions……


I drove a S430 Mercedes today. I drove an $80,000.00 car. Me. I can’t believe it. It was the smoothest drive I have ever taken in my life. My CEO’s wife, who usually is taken care of by the head admin, however she is out today, was having it serviced, however she was afraid she would miss the man who was coming from the dealership so she asked me to take her to the gym and bring it back to the office to wait on the man. SHE LET ME DRIVE HER THERE and then of course I had to drive it back to the office. Then when the nice Mercedes man came and asked me to sign here, here and here. Then he gave me the keys to the available car in the parking lot that was for her in the meanwhile. Well, it is not really a key per se. It really is this digital looking plastic magnetic thing. There might be a metal part to it; however, it is on the inside. It doubles as a keyless entry. Both “keys” are like this-her car and the newbee that is on loan. When I pulled the key out of the ignition to go inside, I jumped because I thought that I had broken it off in the ignition!! Ha! Nope, it is just the way the key is made. The only reason I know it was not broken is due to the fact that I stuck it back in to restart the car! I totally thought that I had broken the key. I was so embarrassed after I started the car. I was glad I was the only one watching. Well…..I think God might be laughing at me though. I am! My nerves are all shot. The craziest part about it is that when we walked out to get into the vehicle initially, it was still running. She left the keys in this thing and left it running in the parking lot while she was tooling around in the office for thirty minutes!! Now, I have seen a lot of people leave their cars running when they go into the post office or stop in to drop off office supplies or something. It seems to be a common practice up here in these mountains. Mostly, I think it says a lot about the safety up here. However, I have never seen it happen for thirty minutes and never if they own a Mercedes, although walking up to the car I had no idea it was on until I opened the door and got into it. Even driving the dad-gum thing I wasn’t sure it was on except that we were moving! Well, now I know why Uncle George has one. I don’t blame him. When I grow up and become rich, I am going to get one too.

No comments: