Tuesday, April 13, 2004

all these...
i got bugs
i got bugs in my room
bugs in my bed
bugs in my ears


Oh Gosh, if there ever was a way to wake up, it’s with a bug crawling up your leg! It is the best alarm clock I have ever had. Last night, before I said my prayers, I had just gotten into the apartment, went over to grab the phone and there he was….a wasp. So I look for something to whack him. I grabbed a book, but the bed was too soft. I went for the mop because now he is mad at me for whacking him with a book. I whack him with the mop and he sticks into the spongy part of the mop. I run with the mop into the bathroom and stick it into the toilet to flush him. HE IS STILL ALIVE! Ugh. And he was stuck to the mop. Ugh. So I try to drown him some more, find something to pry him out of the sponge and he has the audacity to start swimming! I flushed. Then I flushed again, just in case he decides to come flying out. I flushed a third time before prayers. Relief. I start onto the phone. My friend Alan had left me a message, so I call him back. Hurray he is home safe and sound from that horrible ick-istan country. He tells me next he is to be stationed in Puerto Rico. Tough life. I climb into bed as I am talking to him and lay my hand down on the comforter and ZING! That sucker left the stinger in the bed! Owee. I finally get the stinger out while talking on the phone, say goodnight to AW and then goodnight to God. This morning the alarm goes off. Now, I allow myself three buzzes on the alarm before on my feet time. I turn the alarm on snooze and slam back into my bed and…..crawling up my leg….ugh. It is a cross between a wasp and a lightening bug. I have been stung by this type before and am not interested in having his cousin get me too. Gosh, there is nothing like jumping out of your skin to get ya going in the morn. I couldn’t lie back down. I was at work thirty minutes early. Ugh.

No comments: