Friday, April 29, 2005

I have been in awe over the past twenty-four hours. I realized that my circle of friends includes of the strongest women I have ever met. The one that is the most apparent because she holds a doctorate degree. She is the one who set my Monday interview up for me. She is what opened my eyes for me, because I couldn't believe that I would attract someone so well educated, well connected and so prominent in our community. When I was speaking with one of the other women at my awe of the good doctor, she mentioned that we all are strong women in some aspect of our lives. This brought me to a recognition that the woman I was speaking with was an entrepenuer who, obviously, owned her own business, was a mom of two and also had high community service (she was the touchstone for the Tour De Georgia ). Then there is one of my best girlfriends, who is a young single mom who has chosen to wait tables so that she can spend more time with her daughter rather than get a real job until Iris goes off to school. Although, I think the plan is that she will go back to school about the same time. Her decision to be a single mom was a tough one and while rewarding I'm sure, it has been quite an adventure to be a part. Then there is my favorite girlfriend and spritual guide. She was a kept woman until her husband decided that he wanted to be a mad scientist for a while and so to work she went. She supports a family of five people on forty hours a week at Home Depot. He helps, mind you, but when you are tampering with dreams they are slow to develop and take lots of time and energy. She has one teenager out of the house and has two that are a junior and a sophomore who are on their way out of the house. She helps more people than probably any woman I know. She is not a woman who is a part of the community, she is a woman of humility and honor and is of maximum service to God and her fellows. It is amazing to be in her prescence.

All of these women are a part of my life today and to me, that is a miracle. These women want to be a part of my life today and that is even more a miracle to me. I am proud of these women, not because they are my friends, rather that they are women of strength and character, most importantly they are all women of God. These God-based relationships are what I have been striving for in my life. These women are women that I have been striving to be a part of in my life. Amazing.

No comments: