Thursday, April 21, 2005

So I am proud of myself again today. I went to the dentist like a big girl. I don't like going to the dentist because typically it means that I will end up going once a week for the following six months. Sure enough, I have to go back repeatedly for the next six months. Almost all my teeth have cavities that have been filled or rooted or something. Dr. Cherry told me that I would lose all my teeth by the time I was forty. Turns out, that is not true. Dr. Bowling (she is my snazzy new insurance approved dentist) says that Dr. Cherry is right to some degree. She says that my teeth have so many fillings that if she continues to drill on them, they will continue to get worse. The most suseptible area of the tooth is where the filling lines the tooth, she says, thus more drilling. Crowns are needed for xyz teeth and fillings are still okay for xyz teeth and yadayadayada...The most pertinent teeth to fix first are the front four to six. I have several MAJOR fillings that are cracked in my front four teeth. Turns out that is not a good thing. She says crowns. She says that the only way to save my teeth so they don't fall out by the time I am thirty is crowns. Thirty, not forty, thirty. I am pushing thirty as we speak, so I am going to get crowns. Not to mention, because it is "neccessary" the insurance will pay for it! Hurray! It is not "cosmetic" she said. Cosmetic...like I would cap my teeth for fun...puleez! I have one filling that has moved. It picked up and has set its self away from the tooth. (That was the one that the man put in while I was at Scovill on their insurance, guess he wasn't worth my time!) She didn't say shody work, but it was an implication from the way she described the filling. So that is one that I just had done that has to be redone. Oh, and crown the very back tooth next to where my wisdom teeth used to be but are no more. It is an ugly one. You can tell it needs something more than a filling. She said that once it is all done, I will have floride treatment for home and bleaching treatment for home and special floss in order to keep my teeth until I am seventy. I think that sounds much better than forty. I think she also realizes that she will be able to pay for a new car. Thank goodness for insurance.

No comments: