Monday, April 04, 2005

Well the office is all a buzz today. The lawyers have moved into the basement with me. We have hired some lawyers out of Texas to make sure all our ducks are in a row because we are under investigation by one of the many state agencies who have had their budgets cut and need to find out why they are sending us so much money! Anyway, when I got here this morning you'd of thought that it was noon and I was late. Everyone was here. The super boss and the owner were here and they have on ties and Sunday dresses. It is amazing. I have been coming in at seven thirty for the past eighteen months or so and no one but a few other early birds (two other people) are ever here. No one ever wears a tie or a Sunday dress. I am required to dress professionally by my boss because she believes in the "Dress for Success" program. So I wear skrits and nice tops and on occasion a jacket here or there, hose and nice shoes. No one else dresses like that except the marketing department. Mostly people wear scrubbs, tee shirts, jeans and ball caps. I walked in in shock when I saw one lady in a "power suit" she called it. (I call it what I am required to wear!) Anyway, it is all a flurry. Hopefully, I will be of service to the lawyers. They seem very nice and came dressed nicer than most anyone except the marketing department and the power suit lady. I figure most people will bug out by about three or get more work done than they have ever done in their life. I guess today and for the week I will be busy or not, hard to say. If nothing else, I will be entertained.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Testing.