Monday, April 25, 2005

Weekend was good:

Friday I got to babysit Iris-pie. She is toddling and running is a new concept. She has not stepped into that full throtle run, but she is coming close. She is forming two word sentences. She uses "mommie" as a verb for "I want." It is strange to interpret baby language. She points and says "mommie ball" and that means "I want the ball." Not kidding. She was a cute baby Friday night, which is not true all the time. I hear that she has begun the toddler fit syndrome. I have not seen it yet, but the other babysitters tell me about it. Saturday was a sleepy day up until I woke up. I ended up awake to find I was late to decorate the square in Clarkesville. I got to put out orange balloons and banners for the Tour De Georgia. The Habersham High School Jazz Band played in the gazebo all morning. They were pretty good. It felt like something out of a movie. There were people everywhere. The stores set up little tables to vend their different products. It was cool. It was cool in a literal sense. The wind was fierce. We kept losing the balloons. Some cow in some pasture is thoroughly decorated with orange balloons on their horns. The bikes came through about one or so. They were going about thirty five mph so maybe I got a picture. I won't find out for a while though because I am a slacker on picture development. Saturday afternoon was fun. I got a call for help from my girlfriend, Angie, who was moving. She bought a beautiful piece of property in Carnesville with a home and fenced in yard for her dogs. It is more room than she will ever use, but it was a steal. So I moved her from Cornelia to Carnesville all afternoon. Sunday I spent the day cleaning. I didn't even go to breakfast with the boys. I did four loads of laundry and cleaned the whole apartment. Alan called about lunch time. I met him for lunch. He was in town from Alabama for a wedding. Remembering he was a fisherman, I took him up to Mark of the Potter to see the largest trout alive. There is no fishing there and the trout are fed by tourist so they are massive. He took off about three back to finish off his best man duties and return home. I tried to watch a little of "All the President's Men." Yeah, had no idea what it was about and am amazed at it. It is great. John and I went for Great Wraps about half way through the movie. It a nice way to end the day. He is such a wonderful man to me. Overall it was a busy and productive weekend. Here I am on Monday again and am back to the grindstone. No word on the interview so on I plunge back into the world of resumes and potential interview.

No comments: