Monday, June 07, 2004

You want to come with me to Morocco?

YES, yes, yes……ask me again.

You wanna come?

Yes, yes, yes……k.

It’s all happening.

It’s all happening.


So this weekend was fun. Friday night I went with friends to Fogo de Chao. It was great. I love that place. It is all you can eat Brazilian style. There were about nine of us and it was great fun. Saturday, I saw the new Potter. I love having a local theatre. I went to the noon showing. It was scheduled in the oversized theatre to compensate for the crowds; however, almost no one came to the noon showing. There was a huge line for the next showing though. It was cool. I am not a book reader, so I can’t compare it to the books. I am just a movie go-er, which means if the movie is good enough, I will read the book (i.e. Cold Mountain). I was really surprised in this Potter, he was angrier than I thought they would allow a children’s hero to be. An avid Potter groupie who I bumped into after the film at the coffee shop said that Potter is much darker in the book than he was even in the movie. He is copying the audio book for me on an MP3 so that I can listen to the books on MP3. Not that I have anything to play them on. He said that it should play on maybe my car cd player, my dvd player or at least if nothing else, my computer. So I guess soon I will have listened to the books even if I haven’t read them! HA! I read the first one in Detox, which was good for me. I am still surprised at how dark Potter is. It was a little disturbing. After that I dawdled at home before going to meet with friends and talk about God. Then I went to John’s farm. I tell ya. I love the farm. It is so relaxing. We went to brunch with the boys on Sunday and then I went to District which was in Blairsville. Talk about a beautiful city. The only down side is that it is built around the giganto four lane and only lasts for a second. It reminded more of North Carolina than of Georgia. It is prettier than, well almost, Sautee.

I don’t know, I went running this morning for the first time in a hundred years to compensate for the gym going bankrupt and I was running past this field that separates my road from Chimney Mountain Road, it has the most awesome backdrop of the mountains. It made getting up early worth it. I hate running, but I don’t have much of a choice. The gym doesn’t actually close until Friday, but I wanted to get a jump on things. I figure this way, my body will adjust to having to get up earlier and to the physical morning exertion that will occur. I only ran for 21 minutes this morning. I figure start little and get bigger. Also, I didn’t realize how much it takes me to wake up in the morning. It took me like ten minutes just to get my eyes to work. The run was hard. I never work out this hard in the gym. I guess that is a good thing though. It means that I will lose weight faster and tone better with not near as much time spent on it. Now I am tired, but not haggard. I am also hungry and it is only ten-thirty! I kind of planned on that though and brought grapes. I think I will try a bottle of water too. Oh, changing behavior is so difficult. Adjustment is everything. If I can just get through the adjustment, I will be fine. I figure it will take about a week, maybe ten days for my body to accommodate for the earlier wake up and a the working out outside as opposed to inside. Running past the mountains really made the run worth it. Hopefully, I will get to go farther with time and will be able to see more beautiful sites in my area of Sautee. That kind of promise gives me hope which fuels that fire to get better.

No comments: