Thursday, June 10, 2004

Oh yeah
Ready, ready, ready, ready...ready to run
All I'm ready to do is have some fun
What's all this talk about love


OH man, I know that Christina and Carter and Sarah just love to run, but man, has it ever been a struggle to get into running this week. I tell ya, there is nothing easy about it. On Monday I went for my first run in a hundred years. I ran for 21 minutes which was eight tenths of a mile one way according to the Saturn trip meter. It was so hard just to keep moving. My legs began to hurt before I even left for work. Then, Tuesday, I couldn’t move, so I stayed home and rested well. Then Wednesday, I ran for 20 minutes, but didn’t make it nearly as far. I was running so slowly, but I was trying to get my muscles to work out so that they would repair themselves. Sure enough it worked. This morning when I went for a run I went for twenty-two minutes and went the initial length and it didn’t get grueling until the last little bit of it. So I repeated to myself: “God’s beauty, God’s grace,” over and over again. I don’t really know what the significance of the phrase was, it was just what came to mind. It helped me keep moving and not walk though. My muscles were warm today. I actually took a cool shower when I got back to the apartment. Today at work, I actually have had my legs crossed all day. Now, for most people that is nothing, but for someone who hasn’t been able to move for a while and has been too heavy to do so, it is so comforting. I was so grateful that my muscles were loosened that I wore a dress to work today. I have heard that running is the fastest way to lose weight and I believe it. Hopefully, from here on out, it will be peaceful easy feeling, because I don’t ever want to go through the pain I was in on Tuesday again. I will probably run every day for the rest of my life, or at least until I am forty. Especially, if I get to a point where I can solve the world’s problems while on a nice long run. I can’t imagine that, but apparently it happens. Mostly, it takes everything I have to put one foot in front of the other at a faster pace than a walk. Gosh, it’s hard. I do like running in the morning though before it is hot or before there is anyone on the roads. The morning is so still and quiet. I love it. Mountains are just awesome in the mornings. That is the part that keeps me running is the mountains.

No comments: