Tuesday, June 08, 2004

So Russell, What is it that you love about music?

Well, to begin with…everything.


How is it that people don’t listen to the radio yet claim to love music? I think that folks don’t get music like I get music sometimes. My super boss “just loves” music. Although, when I used her car to go to the printers today, none of her radio stations were programmed and she only had six cd’s available! How can you “just love” music when you obviously don’t listen to it? Crazy. I have music on 24/7. Never is it the same from one day to the next either. People think that I am insane because of all the music I listen to all the time. While I am crazy, I don’t know that music has anything to do with it. Music highlights my life. I can hear a song on the radio or the melody out of a piece and I have memories associated with them. Great example: Rodeo by Aaron Copeland: goes with my final my freshman year for Music 102. There are hundreds of them that do that. They show up on the stereo and boom another memory. Indigo Girls (any song) go straight to the halls of Winship at ASC. Happy Girl: driving around Decatur when I worked for Outback. Jesus Jones’ “Right Here, Right Now” goes with dancing in the rain with Emily at the pool. It goes on and on. Sometimes I forget that I am a musician until something like what happened today happens. I turned the radio on and there was static. Nothing. The station was 87.8 FM. Can you imagine? I don’t know that I could ever go through life with out music. I wouldn’t make it. Can you see Harry Potter flying through the air without John Williams in the background? Never. Not happening. Ever. I love everything about music. Crazy.

No comments: