Thursday, June 17, 2004

We are better off for all the things that we let in…

While I am not having the best of weeks, things could be a lot worse and have been a lot worse in my small lifetime. The thing that I value more than anything in my life is the relationships that I continue growing within, the contact that I have with others. I think the reason that I value these relationships is that they are the source and a connection that I have with God. Sometimes I see God working in the events around me, but when I am sitting in the middle of fear, I don’t see God. The only thing I have the ability to cling to is people. Somehow, they talk me out of the fear and bring me back into reality and those monsters that were so large and so horrible are not so bad for a while. Fear seems so devastating when I am in the midst of it. Thank goodness for those who love me. When I let others into my life, my life gets better. Every time, without fail, it happens just that way. No matter how dark it gets, when the clouds cover and the thunder starts, all I have to do is call, write, visit or love those who love me and everything is better off.

No comments: