Wednesday, June 16, 2004

My wife, my wife has six thousands different kinds of smiles…..

So my life feels like it is in overdrive and today, it slowed down significantly. It has been going so intense and so quickly that my boss told me I could cut work early and go see a movie. Ho w many bosses tell you that?

So Saturday was good. I went to a ten year old birthday party. It was a UGA theme and everyone wore black and red. The ten year old got enough Georgia stuff to last her until she is at least 16. The coolest gift though was a mountain bike. By far the thing she liked the most. I liked it too. It was a girl’s bike without being too girly and to a ten year old girl who claims tomboy-hood that is really important. It was great fun. I took a whole role of film, which as it turns out, my boyfriend told me after the fact that it was black and white. So it means I have to go to Atlanta to get it processed because there isn’t a real camera place around here (WalMart Photo Lab said they would have to send it off!). I had no idea that I had black and white in there. Ah, such is life.

Then Sunday, John and I went to the family shin-dig. Pam and Bill in their fancy new home hosted the get together. Wow, on the home. Wow, on the amount of family that showed up. I don’t think that much of the family has been in one place in a really long time. Emily talked about how far out Pam lived at Christmas time and I was so grateful at how close she was. She is now the officially closest family. All of the McCallums were there: four brothers and sister. Imagine that. It was great fun and fellowship. I was really glad to see Uncle George and it was nice to see Uncle Carter smiling genuinely. Uncle Oze and Bobby were good to see too and Mom, well, Mom is by far the best of the five. I might be slightly biased though seeing as she gave me life and all.

I was grateful to get home on Sunday. As much as I love and appreciate my family, I think I have found my home here in the mountains. I really love the area and my mountain family is really important to me too. Although, if Uncle George really does move to Asheville, I would say that it would be tempting to go there. I just really like the mountains. There is something about them. I was so glad to see my mountain family Sunday night. It was a real sigh of relief.

The past two days at work have been stressed to the max. I have been here until six both days and have not had lunch. It is amazing how freaky the marketing dept is when all the people are marketing at one time. The nice thing is that the prep is over and now I get to relax and go back to reports and data stuff because instead of prepping, they are marketing and it will be a while before they return (like next week!). Then it will be all hell breaking loose all over again. It happens like that. Storm, then calm, storm, then calm. Luckily, the beach boys will be moving in here soon and then it will be storm all the time, no calm. That’s okay. That is when I am at my best.

Hurray for movie day today. I think I am going to see The Stepford Wives. I can’t figure out what it is about and all Mom says is that it is scary. I counted on it being scary because Christopher Walken is in it. He just freaks me out. So I guess I will go find out at four today.

Tra-la, no marketing people. Tra-la, tra-la, tra-la.


No comments: