Friday, January 16, 2004

Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away.

Yesterday I was driving home and then to take my trash down and I realized that I probably need to take pictures of where I live so that others can experience the essence of the land where I live. I am going to Macon tomorrow for some service work and already I am missing my Saturday here in my mountains. Sometimes, I think that I want to move to North Carolina to be closer to these mountains, but I realize that to execute that behavior right now would be destructive. I think that I should stay put for a while. This morning on the way to work, I was listening to the fish on the radio and this woman said that it would be cloudy today with a high in the lower fifties. I looked up at the sky, as I have a tendency to do, and the clouds looked like pulled cotton candy. The sky was so blue behind them and the clouds were so white with sunlight pouring across them. It was amazing. The horizon was all mountains underneath them highlighting the truth that man didn’t make this.

I let my fire burn out last night instead of getting up in the middle of the night to stir it with the thought that it wasn’t going to be all that cold over night. This morning when I jumped for the alarm and out of my super warm down comforter with a flannel duvet to whack it, I realized I had made a mistake. It was colder than I expected. Being half awake I went ahead and hit my knees to say my morning prayers and by the end of them, I was a popsicle. Thank goodness for steamy hot showers and those funny little heaters that are built into the wall for de-steaming the mirrors……..and coffee, thank goodness for coffee.

No comments: