Wednesday, January 14, 2004

As I went down to the River to pray,
Studying about the good ole way….

Good Lord, show me the way…


Well, I am still reading my Bible every night. It turns out that Noah was a drunk. Or at least he was for one evening. He embarrassed his sons and cursed one of them for talking about it to the others. Sounds like even the holiest of holies sometimes try to play games and dance around big pink elephants in the middle of the room that no one will look at or discuss. The only difference with the holies is that they have the ability to curse and get away with it. When I curse, my Mama gets quiet and just looks at me. Noah had quite a life though. I didn’t realize how narrow the boat must have been that he was on with all those animals. Sometimes I wonder how much of the Bible is true and how much is myth. Other religions, I am sure, look at Christianity the way I look at Greek Mythology. All though the Bible seems to have a lot more weight to it than the mythologies. It is so open-ended. For example, I didn’t realize that God said take more of this type of animal and the other type. It doesn’t specifically give an account of what was “clean” and what was “unclean.” I have heard that Jews cannot eat “unclean” meat, but it is not yet defined as what qualifies. Maybe I need to keep reading. I think it is cool that the seraphim used to roam the earth (well, cool until they started messing with the human women and God got mad). Enlightening the Bible is. I hope that it gets even more interesting. Although, learning that even God’s chosen make mistakes seems comforting in a way. It’s also rather humorous. I would have to say I didn’t learn that Noah embarrassed himself in Sunday school, that is for sure.

No comments: