Thursday, January 15, 2004

I'm just a going over Jordan
I'm only going over home


My lazy work day is over and boy am I glad. I was excited to hear that the folks were going to get a raise from the govenor, but sadly, it put my office into mass chaos because medicaid/medicare got cut. Needless to say, between that news and having two key people out today, there was not a moment of peace. I, luckily, had low stess, time consuming activities to do that were graciously set up by my boss: I surfed the net to find promotional items for our marketing department and finished a report. Ho hum. The best part about it was that, although I could feel the tension, I didn't have to be a part of it. Tomorrow I get to inventory supplies. Hurray.

I am tickled that tomorrow I will be hosting an overnight guest prior to going to Macon for the weekend for a conference. Tonight I am going to put some finishing cleaning touches on the home front, do some reading and get some sleep. I haven't had any one to the apt in quite some time so I am really looking forward to cooking a meal and all. Unfortunately, instead of it being a girls night, it will be an early night due to the fact that we have to leave for Macon by 7 am. At least I don't have to worry about weekend plans, because they are already made. Tonight will be a comfy night by the fire with a book. What's the phrase?: calm before the storm.

No comments: