Monday, December 01, 2003

I had to go see about a girl....

So I had a tremendous week. I have been going and going like an Energizer Bunny since last Tuesday. I think spending time with family does that to you. Or maybe it is just the holidays in general. Tuesday night I went to a family dinner for Thanksgiving and it was awesome. There were about 150 people there. I kind of consider them my mountain family. They are all the people who have made the trasition to moving up here in the mountains a little bit easier. It was good to see a couple of people who had moved away and there were some new babies too. The food was better this year too. Sometimes you end up with dry turkey when you feed that many people, but they seem to make everything perfect this year.

Thursday was so nice. John went with me to Thanksgiving dinner at my Uncle Bobby's house. It was nice to see everyone again. Little Jack was so toddly. He had that foot slamming thing going on that almost made him tip but not quite. One of the perkiest things about the meal was the banoffee pie. Go Pam. She made a banana/toffee pie that was killer. She is in the up and up in my book. This is the second cool creation she has brought to the family (the first was the apple dip that Mom brought this year, but really is Pam's thing). Good tidings to she,Bill and Little Jack as they bought a house that is only about 45 minutes away from me. Maybe I will go and find out about making those banoffee pies since she is just around the corner.

Friday I had to work. We got 1800lbs of popcorn in for gifts for all the doctors we serve. Can you imagine 1800 lbs of popcorn? They actually sent us 20 extra boxes full because there was some inconvience of something so as a perq they sent extra. Guess what the Green Family is getting for Christmas? Haha. JK. Allthough I don't think it would bother anyone because of the amount of popcorn our family eats on a regular basis. They are cool tins too. I also stuffed 250 Christmas Cards and began the addressing process. Caligraphy. It is not as hard as I thought it would be. Mostly it just takes time. I finished the end of them today. They seemed never ending. We are also planning for our Christmas Party on the 9th of December. Man, marketing is all about the social escapades. It is teaching me a lot working here. If I ever am able to entertain, I will seriously know what to do. The marketing team here is so professional and high end. I like it though. I guess I like it because I don't have to go out into the field which makes things easier. No sales for me thank you. I just do the prep work.

Saturday was my relaxation day. I went to the movie store and conjured up Finding Nemo, which is absolutely fabulous, and Monster's Ball, which.......nevermind, although Halle Berry deserved her oscar, but the movie its self was weird; and an old favorite. I will let everyone guess on that one. It goes with the quote. I also worked on Megan's baby quilt which I should have finished had I not broken my quilting hoop. I am going to Walmart today to get another one. I had a wonderful roaring fire going all day. The weather on Saturday was a steady 40 degrees all day and then dropped off the scales Saturday night. OH!! I forgot to tell you it snowed in Sautee on Friday night! How wonderful was that. It was like driving through a fairy land you see on someone's mantle. It stuck to the sides of the roads, but not on the roads. That just tells me that when it snows here at the end of December, it is going to stay for a while. Apparently it used to be like that on a regular occasion up here and the past couple years there hasn't really been too much snow. Someone said that the snow this year will be exciting.

Sunday was different. John's brother was in town so he rounded up his boys and we all went down to Atlanta to visit. His brother was at his Mom's but came into Atlanta to stay a while and visit with all the Georgia folks. John's Dad met up with up too. We all went to do Atlanta stuff so we ate at the Hardrock Cafe and went to see the orchid exhibit at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. I had never been to the latter before, but the Gardens were cool and the orchids were tremendous. The were so different and beautiful. There were all kinds from Peru and the Andes to just anything you could imagine. Some of them were carnivourous and some not. It was cool. It was a nice visit with everyone. I was very thankful however with the time to be home last night. I got a fire going even though it wasn't all that cold. I just find comfort in the fires. I lit candles and rested. It was nice. I talked on the phone a bit. I got some sad news that my long time friend, Alan, is for sure going to the middle east. He flies C130's for the Airforce and is leaving by the end of the week. He will probably be there for quite some time and will miss the Christmas Holiday altogether. That was not something I was all that grateful for, but I know that he is serving his country and that is important. I just hope he comes home safe. I think he will be there for a year.

Hurray, today is aerobics and bridge. I didn't get in all my excercising like I wanted to last week because of the days the gym was closed, but hopefully I can work off that banoffee and slide comfortably back into a work out routine. Goodness, this seemed like a long holiday. I can't wait till Christmas though. That is an even cooler holiday with more excitement and merriement.

No comments: