Thursday, December 11, 2003

At the Spencer’s, Mrs. Isabella Spencer made them miserable by saying something ill-natured about everyone in Avonlea.

So I didn’t understand some of the jokes at the party on Tuesday evening. There was an employee roast that went on by my super boss here at work. She found something to pick on everyone about, no matter what the position except the CEO. There was one award given to a manager as the Queen Bee award. I didn’t really get this, because she seemed fine to me. They talked and laughed about how no one would work for her because like the Queen of the Hive, she would sting and kill her own. Now, I don’t know if that is true about Queens or not, but I know another version of Queen B that I don’t particularly care for, myself. I found out what it means now, turns out that I got stung yesterday. I mind my own self pretty well and don’t nose into others situations, especially at work, because I don’t like: 1) to be talked about or 2) to be the talker. Both of these ends of the stick make me feel bad in the conscience realm. Apparently, it doesn’t bother others though and my boss had to confront me this morning about bad behavior. Whatever? I don’t do much wrong, but yesterday on company time I checked the weather on the internet. I try to keep my blogging and emailing confined to lunch and breaks and that is accepted, but oh no! I am checking the weather before I go home and I get blasted. I felt infected with Bee Serum immediately. The thing I have noticed is that this woman is only happy when others are miserable. She was buzzing around after I came out of my office, happy, joyous and free. Initially, I was slightly wounded. I hid in my cubicle and wouldn’t play any music and stuck to my work, then as the monotony of my data entry dragged on, I began to think: You know it must be really hard work making others miserable; I can either really let this woman get under my skin and give her my time and energy or I can change my thoughts to someone I can help or to God; I can’t imagine being as miserable as she must be……So now I feel better because I have had some time to pray and think and become aware. My music is back on and I am no longer in fear or hurt, rather in an okay centered place. You know, there hasn’t been any buzzing or if there is, I can’t hear it. Imagine that. One of my girlfriends says that it is a beautiful day in God’s world today, would you like to join? Today my answer is yes. I don’t have to be a part of others messes if I don’t want it. Besides, how can I get down on Mom’s birthday, which just happens to be my Dad’s concert day, where me and a crew are going to see them this evening? Happy Birthday Mom, I love you.

No comments: