Monday, December 15, 2003

And we’re back together again,
And I’m never going to lose you as a friend. . .


So this weekend was nice, even though I didn’t get done anything that I had planned to get done. I am coming to accept that this is the way life is: I make plans; God laughs and gives me other things. I also had the opportunity to see Bruce Almighty this weekend. Yeah, I can totally relate to a lot of it. I have been a selfish individual for a long time and have been running on self will always. Sometimes (more than not), I still do. I did have the opportunity to do for others what they couldn’t do for themselves and that was very cool. I am not much in the way of being able to help others, but when I do, it makes my insides feel good. Sometimes I am not aware of my helping, but I try to be conscience enough to help one person a day at least if not more. It’s such a reciprocal action. I give to you to make you feel good and in return I feel good too. Paradoxical is what it’s called. I just try to see opportunities that God lays in front of me. Sometimes it is not easy. When I am all wrapped up in self it is almost impossible. I also find it easier to give to those who are not so close to me. It is easier to give to an acquaintance than to a close friend. I guess that is due to the nature of codependence. I am more concerned of what my best friend thinks of me, than a complete stranger. I guess that is for two reasons: 1) because my best friend will tell me what they think and 2) I am a perfectionist and if my gift isn’t perfect, then I don’t want to give it……………..which is totally against the nature of giving in the first place, but what can you do?

Ahh……so Friday I saw this terrific new series on TV. I was at the gym on the bi-cycle, thinking that I would try to stay on there for an hour. I watched Home Improvement finally, after 15 minutes worth of channel surfing. Then, after that I stumbled onto Joan of Arcadia. It was so good that I couldn’t turn the channel for anything. I ended up being on the bike for an hour and forty-five minutes just to see the end of the program. It is the new Dawson’s. It doesn’t have the romantic thing going, but it’s got the God concept kicking. So now, the lady who is crazy, on the elliptical machine and I have a date every Friday to see this show at the gym. Yes, it’s that good.

Saturday……….I played all day and then chilled out that evening with my honey. We played Backgammon and drank hot tea. I read my book some and just chilled. He is such a wonderful man. It was an overall good weekend. Sunday, of course, was movie day, not to mention a day for history forever. It seems a little trippy that Saddam is done. It’s kind of…………well what do we do now. I am sure I will get that same feeling ten times over with the capture of ’O-Samma.’ Still, it mostly makes me think of my friend Alan, who is over there right now. Not good. The thing that I most don’t like at all is that even though Saddam is in custody, our men still won’t get to come home. That’s sad. Although, I would rather have them fighting for something than just hanging out doing nothing. Not acting is as much an action as acting, and something, some how, needed to be done. I just disagree with the policy and procedures, that’s all. I hope Saddam gives all kinds of good info…..that would be very useful and worth the great hunt.

No comments: