Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Oh, you know where, now I can't see, I just stare...
I, I'm still alive


Yeah, so I haven’t been blogging lately because………well life is beating me up with dates and things to do and people to see. What to do…..What to say…..

So this weekend I went to the Masquerade and saw the teenagers play and they were, unfortunately, really bad. I have to realize several things though: they are a new band, they have never played in a venue that large and they were scared to death. They threw out CD’s at the end of the concert and I snagged one. It turns out, they don’t sing on key either. Oops. Strangely enough, this didn’t matter at all to the crew that went. They just thought it was cool that they got to a) go to Atlanta b) see their friends play and c) stay out late. I am sure the ice cream at Ruby Tuesday’s helped a little too. That is where we went afterwards. We also went to the Varsity prior to, because we were in Atlanta and that is an Atlanta thing to do. It was super fun being around all those kids and just hearing the laughter, the screams for the cute teenage rock star and the surrealistic adventure that I was on.

Saturday, I went to my cousin Sarah”s graduation ceremony at University of GA in the morning. It was completely normal. Nothing unusual happened. The commencement speaker was a little off though. She stood up and instead of saying “Yea! You graduated! Go get ‘em,” she said, “ we still need affirmative action! And more diversity in the school!” ???????? Maybe it is just me, but using the commencement speech as a campus political platform seems off kilter. It was a very nice ceremony.

Saturday evening, I went to Mom’s for the famous McCallum Dinner. Some one said it best, “listen the matriarch is speaking!” This is quite a good statement. My Mom has moved into the position of matriarch for her side of the family. She is definitely the one that they look to for approval and guidance. It was a lovely dinner and wonderful fellowship. My cousin Jack is a riot. He is so ept at everything he does. It is so apparent that he has smart parents.

Sunday was a drive home and movie stop on the way. I met my friend Peter and we saw As Good as it Gets II……..I mean I went to see Something’s Gotta Give. I didn’t care for it, kinda for personal reasons. It was definitely the same genre movie though as As Good as It Gets. Not impressed.

Monday, I shopped and wrapped and watched League of Extraordinary Gentleman. Good flick. Hurray for the gifts that Papa got me!! He did a great job picking them out!! I also got John a couple of his gifts and do you have any idea how hard it is to wrap a tea kettle that has no box? It took all the invention that I had. When I dropped the gifts off by his house last night, he asked if he could open one so that he could make tea. Guess it wasn’t as clever as I thought. He always guesses his gifts.

How much do I love the fact that I get to go home today once lunch is served? Yeah, well I do. The IT guys are bringing us lunch today as our Christmas gift. Thank goodness for Blimpie. At least that is the rumor that is going around. It’s crazy here. Today is hospital dump day so that all their patients can go home for the holidays and they refer them all to us to get the medications to them. Luckily, I don’t know how to give a shot or IV or anything else. Whew. My boss didn’t even come in except for the staff Christmas party yesterday. Then she bolted, so I get to go soon. Hopefully, unless the evil one makes me stay. Long story. Oh………….vacation. I want you!!! I am ready!! Let’s go!! See you soon!!!

No comments: