Monday, December 08, 2003

Oracle: Cookies need love like everything does.

So there was a lot of luv going around this weekend. I helped one of my girlfriends leave her boyfriend this weekend and moved her and her boys into a new house. Wow. Talk about an excursion. I figured that it would take a better part of the morning and get lunch around 1 maybe 2 pm. Wrong. It took from sun up to sun down. Wow, families have lots of stuff. I had no idea. The only time my family has moved has been with professionals. I have never experienced what I went through on Saturday. Wow. It took up my whole day and by the end of it I was exhausted and hungry and unbelievably dirty. So after a good shower, meeting with friends and talking about God, and going to the Huddle for late night chitter chat and visiting, I finally got to the sleep part. I didn't think I would get enough sleep, but I did. Sometimes the need for sleep is greater than the time it takes to meet the need. Zonk out like a light. One of the things I think that made me so tired was the six year old. Whenever children are added to a situation it makes the thing ten times more exerting. They have twice the energy I do.

So on Sunday, I took time for me. I gave myself some TLC. I went home and super cleaned. I went and did some service work and then off to the movies I went. Initially, I thought about Love Actually, but then out of no where I decided to see a seven o'clock Last Samurai. Wow. Go Tom. He did good. Impressively enough, there was no sex and no language per se. In his out breaking film of Top Gun, he went back in and re-filmed the sex scene in order to get the movie more risque. This was just an adult, bohemian story. I will never forget the time my Dad used the word bohemian in front of me: Well, Rachel, La Boheme is just about a bunch of bohemians that's all. Once I found out what the word meant I died laughing at that statement. Anywho. It is a great flick and I will probably spend the hour drive to get to it and pay $8.50 again because it is that good. I didn't get home until 11pm, but I didn't care. I was totally delighted. That's the point of TLC isn't it?

No comments: