Monday, December 29, 2003

There will be a reckoning for this……

So the weekend collapsed like an accordion and I feel like I have missed it. I think I saw a couple of Pettits and a couple of McCallums in the whirlwind, which is always good. There was a movie theatre, a Best Buy and I drove a lot. I do know that I saw an Oscar movie on my way home. I got to see Cold Mountain. I liked the music so much that I went right out and bought the CD with my handy Best Buy GC that my Uncle George was kind enough to bestow on me for Christmas. The movie is phenomenal. Renee got her Oscar. Nicole gets a bid. Bets on that it gets a bid for best movie too. There was an editing mistake in it, which I found surprising. Usually movies like that don’t screw up so abrasively. In the whirl wind, there was a run in with John and more Christmas gifts. There was fun with Peter at the Salon and ……shopping. Had to use the GC’s up! I feel rather rested today, but who knows what happened in the past couple of days. I had planned to try to go running today and hopefully that will happen this afternoon. I thought about getting up super early in the morn, say five or so, but I think I will have to pray on that one. I would like to be that type of person though: the person who gets up and gets her act together way before the sun is up and has time to make breakfast and spend time with God. That would be cool. I still have some house cleaning to do before that happens though. Now, generally, I use the term “house cleaning” as a metaphor for aligning my emotional and mental self with God, but this time I mean that I really do have some house cleaning to do. I haven’t ever done the “donate to goodwill” thing and as a result I have way too much stuff. I think that my intentions have been to do it. Kind of like the morning person thing. Well, it’s all about change right? Change it is! Change with God’s help that is. God isn’t magic, but He sure is helpful and at times inspiring. Can you imagine giving everything you have to the entire human race? Pretty inspiring. I kind of feel inspired right now. The other inspiring thing I want to do is to write for the paper as a movie critic. Of course that requires time to do that sort of thing. Jo March used to sell her stories for $5 to the magazines, I wonder how much I could get for it now? By Carter’s COL standards: $5,000.00. Maybe not this time. Maybe next time.

No comments: