Tuesday, December 09, 2003

We meet at the lights
I stare for a while
The world around disappears


Well, fine I am aware, will admit and accept that I have a sickness. It makes me tired and sniffly. It won't allow me to go anywhere with out a tissue in my hand and all I want to do is sleep. I am not sure what this is as a result of other than the fact that it is cold outside and I am in and out of doors all day and inside it is warm but outside it is not. There was a beautiful heavy frost on the ground yesterday morning that told me how cold it was outside. I went to aerobics yesterday and had no energy at all. I almost didn't make it through the class. Ms. Barbra kept saying things like you can do it, put some fire to it. Did I mention that she is a cheerleading coach? I was really glad when it was over. She is nice and all, but when I am sick, I don't much care for anything.

Then a very sad thing happened. I am a Monday freak, which means that Mondays are the busiest days for me. I go, go, go. Yesterday I went, went, stopped. My bridge people weren't there. I went to play bridge and the Greatest Christmas Pagent ever had taken over the bridge players spot. Apparently, the others like myself, couldn't figure out where they moved out card playing spot to, and went home. I did actually find the place we had been replaced at and it was loud and noisy from all the kids. Needless to say, the rest of the group was no where to be found. It was really sad to see the tables all set up and no one in the chairs. It felt very ghost townish.

My mind is still wandering about some of the concepts in the Last Samurai. I am so tickled that there is a good movie out. So since there was no bridge, I went to meet with friends for a birthday and talk about God. It was nice. Afterwards, I got a chance to have dinner with John and chitter chat over quesadillas and carnitas. I really like quesadillas. I think mostly, I just like cheeses. Then I went home to build a fire. Yeah, I thought that I might give up on the whole wood burning stove as being my primary heat source, then I got my power bill: $25!!! This month last year, it was $85. I have saved fifty bucks already, not to mention that last year's January and February bill was $150!!! So I think I will keep building the fires. There is something peaceful about them. As a bonus, all my clothes smell like a wood burning stove. I like that.

No comments: