Friday, December 19, 2003

She dreams in yellow, she dreams in red………

So this morning on the way to work I get a rather bizarre question on my cell phone from my Mom… Are you going to work today? Yes…….apparently the news stations in Atlanta were under the impression that there was four inches of snow on the ground in White County. No, no snow. There are however, snow clouds sitting in the sky that look like any minute they will break. Perhaps this is what the meteorologist was seeing. So, I watched out for icy conditions on the way to work and was snug as a bug in my warm car. There was a beautiful sunrise this morning that reflected off of the underside of the snow clouds all the way to work. It was this beautiful red and pink paint smeared over cotton.

Well, I have decided that it is going to be worth my time to become a teacher. I have been doing a little research even though I am currently employed. I talked it over with my boss to see what she thought of the idea of working here and going to school on the side. She said it sounded really nice and she thinks that it would be worth her time and mine. I am sure there are a few of you out there who are thinking…………where did this come from? Well, my super boss has two kids: one is six and the other nine. The nine year old was a little girl just like me as a brunette. She and I got to talking and then she started playing games on my computer, in the meanwhile I braided her hair. It turned out that she thought she was waiting on Mom and in turn, Mom couldn’t find her and was ready to go. Mom (my super boss) looked at me in amazement because I braided her hair. She asked how I got her to sit still long enough to braid her hair. I replied: I am not her mom. But really, what it boiled down to in my head is that I am really good with children at the age of 8-14. I just get them. I have been working with them all my life……….or since I was a senior in high school. Why am I not using that talent? I should be. It turns out that there is a program for both Masters in Education and for Post Bacc Certification at the college right around the corner……..my Dad wanted me to go there for undergrad or at least look at it and I wouldn’t because it was a military institution: North Georgia. Duh. So here is what I think that I want to do: get the Post Bacc to certify me and begin teaching; get the Masters to be a counselor. Yeah, I know I am crazy. No, I don’t know if I will follow through with it or not, but it sure is appealing. I don’t really want to be an admin assistant for the rest of my life, but I need benefits and here I have benefits next month.

So maybe I am dreaming, but at least it is not a nightmare…..or maybe it is and I just haven’t gotten to the scary part yet! Either way, it is only thoughts. Thoughts don’t harm. Actions harm, so I am safe. God is watching over me. I can feel it.

No comments: