Monday, March 21, 2005

This weekend ended up being a good visit with the folks. They moved tons of stuff to their new house, box by box. It was strange because there appeared to be one empty house in Sharpsburg littered with furniture and one empty house in Peachtree City littered with everything but furniture! Mom and Dad have a lot of stuff. I tried desperately to not take anything with me because they are trying to send me away with my stuff that has built up over the past thirty years and I finally had to remind them that I live in a box that some people call an apartment and didn't have any more room. I let them know that the last load home they sent me with is still in the trunk of my car. It didn't work though. Mom still managed to get a box of stuff in my car...it is still there. There is no room yet. I am a little behind on the growing up thing and so I have about five years still before I can be responsible for all of it.

Mom did give me my Easter gifts early. I got a *Wonder Woman* penny bank! SO COOL! And a trippy little book about Girls Raised in the South (GRITS). It has all kinds of recipes and what nots in it so I am looking forward to trying them all out. Thanks Mom! I am going to West Virginia with John next weekend tenatively so I will probably be there for Easter. We have to get all of our ducks in a row first before we leave. It is a short week for me because I get Good Friday as a holiday: HURRAY!!!

Got to see Kathryn Ella aka Kate this weekend. She is teenincy. I tried really hard not to hold her, because I knew what kind of effect that has on the biological clock. Inevitably my brother passed her to me and ding! the clock alarm went off saying that I should have one. Thanks Pam. While my body wants one of those things my head knows better. There is a reason God gave Iris to Meg and not me! At least that is what I tell Meg all the time. Kate sure was a pretty girl. Her little fingers were so long and pink. I think I will start with a dog before I move on to babies though. Mom says the only reason she is not a grandmother is that she is not old enough. I agree. I am not old enough either!

No comments: