Monday, March 28, 2005

It is hard to post something after something as exiciting as BowFire, but today I finally have something to say so here goes:

Went to WVA this weekend. John's mother lives there in a home that has been in his family forever. Since I had Good Friday off, he and I traveled up there for a stay. Her home was converted into a bed and breakfast at one point in time too, so it is quite the getaway for us. It was a nice time. We watched the elite eight and saw WVA lose...a twenty point lead...and we went shopping, out for dinner and exchanged gifts. Strangely enough I was able to follow along nicely in the basketball because that was what my Dad was watching last weekend at his house. So I guess I will have to find somewhere to watch on this coming Friday and Saturday for the Final Four. I was hoping the snow would still be there, but all there was was rain. It was a nice couple of days even with the rain. We went shopping at THE mall. It was a nice little mall. I am so used to the Mall of Georgia that the one in WVA appeared tinicy. I was able to get a new outfit: set of nice capris and a new top for about $25, which I found to be a good buy. We went to dinner at my favorite stop: seafood. I am not sure how the landlocked state serves the fish, but nothing comes fresh, everything is fried, so that might have something to do with it. The restaraunt is called the Mayflower (which is even stranger) and is owned by a greek (wierd, just plain wierd). Mrs. Khale likes it and that is what really matters. She doesn't get to go out too much so we go where she wants to go. I just happen to like it. Mrs. Khale gave John and I peanut butter chocolate eggs and we gave her an Easter Basket with a Fox ornament and postcards in it. She was tickled. She had never gotten an Easter Basket before, so she just laughed and laughed. We had a good time. I was really grateful to be home in my own bed last night. Unfortunately the bed was as old as the house. It was an aweful sleep, but the rest of the visit made up for it. I am glad to be rested for today.

No comments: