Monday, March 07, 2005

All I have to say is I am officially a band-aid....

Big City Sunrise

Call me a groupie if you want. I told John I was trading him in for the band. I just can't get enough. Megan, Sebass, Tony, Jenny, John and myself and all of Sautee traveled to Athens to hear these guys play. I am still buzzin from the excitement. I have been to two other concerts in my little life: R.E.M. at the Omni (the last performance ever performed by anyone in the Omni before it was torn down and replaced) and Indigo Girls at Chastain. As much as I would like to believe that I am an R.E.M. fan, I just am not. I went to the concert just to go to a big concert because I had never been to one before and I found myself bored and unable to see anything. Indigo Girls was a great experience. Meg and I went and took Iris. It was awesome. "BCS" is totally different. I don't know if it was the performance, the people or the music its self, but it was amazing. I am still thrilled and it is Monday and I saw them on Saturday night. I wore my silk black shirt my Mom gave me with dark blue jeans and black boots. I diffused my hair and left it down and wore make-up. I went to dance and have a great time with people who I know and can touch and love everyday. The people who played on stage I see all the time. In the course of two hours for which they played, they became rock stars. My eyes have seen some glory is all I am saying. I love 'em. They are amazing. I want to follow them to every show. I want to watch their lives unfold as they grow as a band and find out what they are up to individually. I am totally in love with a band.

No comments: