Monday, December 27, 2004

What is there to sing the second day after Christmas? I don't know of any songs and it doesn't seem right to put up lyrics to an everyday song yet.

I am still on vacation. I now recognize I was right to take this Monday off too. I didn't know that I would need it. I thought it would be an 'in case' day. In case of what, I don't know what I was in casing before, but now I know it to be exhaustion and recooping from family. I have finally gotten to a point in my life where I really like being with my family under the definition of nuclear family. My extended family, aunts, uncles cousins and the like, I am still struggling with being comfortable enough to like myself so that I can like them. When I get to a point of total, mental exhaustion I completely breakdown and cry or get angry or both. Last night after not having any sleep due to poor sleeping arrangements the night before, I was ready to go home and say screw the whole thing. Instead, my Mom talked me into staying and made my sleeping arrangements a little better and let me go to bed earlier. I am not a nice person necessarily to begin with, but when I am tired, I am that much more difficult. I can remember when I was little, girls would invite me to stay at slumber parties and the kick was to see who could stay up the latest. I would always win. My family would always suffer. At some point during my being ugly the next day, my Dad would say,"You're never going to another sleepover again, if..." I would always go to my next sleepover. My Dad as it turns out, is a teddy bear no matter how intimidating he pretends to be in the moment. Now that all the extended family is gone, I feel better and more comfortable. It is not often these days that I get as uncomfortable as I was last night. Mostly, I find that as I grow with God and I grow as a person, I am able to be in a previously uncomfortable moment and get through it. I guess, in a way, I got through this one with the help of my Mom. I am still here at my parent's home and am still able to enjoy time with them and my brother. I am glad that I am here. I am glad that I get to go sale shopping with my Mom. I am glad that I stayed.

No comments: