Monday, December 06, 2004

i say love will come to you hoping just because i spoke the words that they're true as if I've offered up a crystal ball to look through where there's now one there will be two

Well, I had a pretty good weekend.

First, Friday night I worked at Zanzo's and made over a hundred bucks (yippee for a good Christmas!).

Then on Saturday, I lulled in bed until late. I went to the Christmas Market on the square and picked up some tre-trendy gifts. Then I went to Sweetwater on an errand for my flower shop buddy. Then I went back to Sweetwater to sit around and drink coffee, talk about the Allmand Brothers to a band-aid who lent me his four disc set! WOW! it is super cool! and grab more gifts. I started my new book, Their Eyes Were Watching God, which I remember reading in highschool but haven't read it since, so I ordered a snazy copy online. I am so suprised at the writing. It is SO good. Just the opening line from every chapter makes me want to keep on plugging away at it. It is a hard read though because of the dialect writing...I mean she writes in the style that the characters would say it. It will take me longer than usual, but I read three or four chapters of it on Saturday. Then, off to the movie store. I rented "Before Suset," "The Clearing," and "City of God" (the last of which ended up being not in the dvd case!). The other two were great. I finally found a good movie store to rent from, unfortunately it is not the one on the square in Clarkesville, it is in Cornelia. It has more movies than I can dream of, which I guess is why they call themselves a warehouse...duh. "Before Sunset" has a prequel of "Before Sunrise" (appropriate) which I didn't know about, but even so, I still fell into the movie. It was so romantic. Better than Meg Ryan. That is hard to do! Then Saturday night, John and I headed over to a friend's house to have "Cinncinati Chili" which was excellent and watch the SEC final game. Auburn rocked the house. I was so impressed. I thought it was appropriate that at the end of the game they went to the wrong locker room though...still from Alabama those folks are! John and I had a great time. The tv we watched the game on was enormous. It was a "projected" screen, what ever that means (other than really big!).

Finally, Sunday I went to church. I went to the Episcopal Church behind my house. It was a really nice service and the sermon was on hope. It was about the preparation of hope. It was good. The only thing about Episcopals that just grates me is that their music doesn't make a bit of since. It might have to do with the music staff there though. Every song is something off the wall and difficult, none of it is standard carols. It would make sense for the music to at least be singable, but it just isn't. I don't understand that yet. Guess I will find out why over time. Then Sunday was busy. I went to Clayton to take care of some business, and then back home to go to a meeting. I was out of milk and things and had to run to the store. I ended up in bed on time, but could go to sleep to save my life. I ended up reading about King Arthur until about eleven o'clock, when I finally gave up. I love the stories of King Arthur...well the book is the Once and Future King, but I am on the middle book and it is just as good as the first. I can't wait for the third.

Today is a restful day with only a small bit of work. Normally I would say that this is the "big" fax day that takes three days, but they (being upper management) recognized my pain and got me a super fax machine as compensation for putting me in the basement by myself. I am done for the day and it is only three o'clock. I don't know what to do with myself! It is lovely.

No comments: