Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas is coming,
The goose is getting fat....

So today was our office Christmas party. It was great fun. Everyone brought a dish and a present (secret santa swap). My super boss drew my name. We are only supposed to spend ten dollars on the gift, but when the super boss draws your name and she just "loves you" so much, you get more than ten dollars. She gave me a cd/radio. I think it is her way of making up for me having to dump all my music off of my computer. She made me so mad when she did that that I just wouldn't play any music at all(that was three months ago and I still haven't had any music). So she bought me a radio for Christmas. I won't bring any cds in, but I will be listening to NPR alllll dayyyy long. That'll keep 'em away. I finally have decided that they put me in the basement (for those of you who don't know my work was restructured physically because they hired so many new people and they put me in the basement by myself....well technically with the marketing department, but I can't remember the last time a sales person was in the office). I figure is like the republican in the steam room in the "West Wing," except in reverse. Most people here are fans of Neil Bortz and believe that he spouts epochs of truth (bleck by me, but if that is their gig so be it). But I on the otherhand am probably the lone vote for Kerry (well next to William who is the maitenance guy whose desk mysteriously showed up down here shortly after the great move. He is never down here either because he is always fixing things outside or upstairs.) SO, . . . I am down here by my lonesome, except now I will be comforted by sounds of Charles Edwards and Koki Roberts and if I am here late enough Meechelle Norris. Hurray!!

Funny Iris story: Iris discovered bubbles last night. She was whining and crying because she was tired and Megan is trying to get her on a new sleep schedule so she is all messed up right now. Jody was hanging out with me while she was acting all out of sorts and he found a bottle of bubbles somewhere in Iris's closet or room, something. Everytime he blew out a slew of bubbles she would stop and look and say "oooooohhhhhh." Then she would wait ever so patiently for the next set. Then "oooooohhhh"and a small gasp of glee. Now I know why bubbles are so cool.

No comments: