Monday, December 13, 2004

Goodnight you moon light ladies, rock-a-bye sweet baby James.
Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose, won't you let me go down in my dreams?
And rock-a-bye sweet baby James.

I almost felt like I couldn't get enough sleep this weekend. I got home from the concert on Thursday at midnight thirty and I felt like Thursday ran into Friday ran into Saturday. I slept in late (like until ten thirty late!) on Saturday. I worked Saturday night and slept in on Sunday too (ten thirty again!). You'd think I was was a teenager or something. Saturday I got to go to the coffee shop though and that is always a good thing. I had a tasty new creation called a vanilla mocha. It was awesome and spent some time with good friends. When I got home I opened my new netflix movies: The Piano, Out of Africa and Searching for Bobby Fisher. I watched two out of the three. I have yet to sit down with Out of Africa. Then work was slow slow....busyyyyyyyyyyy...dead. Amazing. Restaurants always leave you hanging! Sunday I was going to go to church, but I woke up so late I didn't make it, so I went to brunch with John and his boys. It was great. I had pancakes and scrambled eggs with cheese at Alice's Restaurant. Yummmmmy for my tummmmyyy. The rest of the day was spent with Grace. She is ten and her grandmother just passed and she needed new shoes (because she has grown out of her old ones) for the funeral (and church) and needed clogs for school. I had no idea how hard it would be to find age appropriate shoes for a ten year old who wears a ladies six and a half. We had to go to six stores! It took us five hours! At the last stop we finally found a pair of nice, dainty shoes for her and the name of the shoe was "Gracie" so we knew they were the right shoe. Then while we were in the store I got some new work shoes, too. Couldn't resist. We had been shopping for so long that by the time we were done, Grace couldn't tell her left from her right and we laughed and had hot chocolate all the way home. It was a good day. Then, I was exhausted again. I slept in five minutes for this morning. I am tired, but I know there is another weekend another time and sleep will be mine.

No comments: