Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we’ve no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

No it did not snow this morning, but it should have. Today is the first real day of winter we have had. I am used to having my car iced out for at least two weeks by now if not longer, but for some reason, winter did not show up until the end of yesterday. Mid-day yesterday the temperatures dropped. Very strange. We began the day yesterday at 44 and it went down to 40 and by night fall it was 32 degrees. This morning the bank signs were all fighting between 25 and 26 degrees. No matter how you look at it, it was cold. I expected ice on my car and was grateful to find that the cold was a dry cold. There was not any ice or frost. Although some of the cars here at work are having a spill with the frost all over the cars. We had four fogs in August so I expect that there will be four snows this winter. That is how the wives tale goes. I am glad that winter has shown up. Now I have a ligitamit reason for wearing my leather jacket other than that it qualifies for the season. I wore my new mittens today that my Mom got me last year for Christmas. They are thin...something or another. They are super warm and that is super important for me. I wore my nice wool, silk lined black pants today too. Hurray for winter! Now, for the snow...anyday.

No comments: