Thursday, December 16, 2004

Chestnuts roasting on a an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yule tide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos

HOLY COW IT IS COLD! I sat in my car for twenty minutes this morning just to get to a point where the ice thinned enough so I could see. I didn't have an ice scraper so I used my spatula to try and break apart the ice. Although it wasn't really ice. I think it was snow crystals or something. My front windshield would break off like snow and my side windows had little snowflake looking pieces on them. It was as though my car had been decorated by a cloud. There is no humidity in the air at all, so I don't know how all of this is coming to collect on my car. It is supposed to snow on Sunday, which is the day of Mom's party. I hope it does. That would be so cool to go to Mom's Christmas party in snow. It would be like a Maxwell House commercial! Have the car all loaded up with gifts and bundled up in a warm coat and scarf headed down the road. . . no, maybe a Sweetwater Coffee House commercial (my as well have good coffee!).

Last night I waited on a party of 38. They were the youth group from St. Mark's Catholic church. I had no idea it would be as easy as it was. Since it was so many, it was the only thing I had to do. So I was in and out of there easy-peasy and sixty bucks to boot. Apparently, no one else would wait on them, which is kind of sad if you think about it. They were not hard to deal with or anything, just a massive amount of people. It was interesting to see the dynamics of the friendships that were interacting. There were the cool seniors who sat off by themselves in a corner. Then there were the young and up and coming sophomores who were full of youth and innocence with vitality and laughter. Then the juniors, they had that cool omniscence going on amongst them. The freshmen just hid. It was great fun and I think I probably sweated off ten easy pounds running in circles. I was also gratful to be home by about nine fifteen. I love it that I live across the street from where I work. It makes life so much easier.

I finally finished the end of "Out of Africa" last night, too. This is a movie that a girlfriend of mine has been trying to get me to rent forever now and I have finally seen it. It reminded me of "Scarface," I have no idea why people like it. It is awful. I remember going with my parents to that movie and falling asleep through it when I was little. It was so long and the music was so sleepifying. I felt the same thing about it this time around and I am no longer little. Oh well. Next in the queue is Casablanca. That has got to be a good one because Harry and Sally watch it all the time.

No comments: